Server Side Rendering
Server-Side Rendering (SSR) means that some parts of your application code can run on both the server and the client. For React this means that you can render your components directly to HTML on the server side (e.g. via a node.js server), which allows for better search engine optimization (SEO) and gives a faster initial response, especially on mobile devices.
Why use SSR?
- Better SEO support, as web crawlers will directly see the fully rendered HTML page.
- Faster time-to-content, especially on slow internet connections or devices.
- Some development constraints. Browser-specific code requires some compiler directives to be ignored when running on the server.
- Increased complexity of build and deployment processes.
- Increased server-side load.
SSR on SAFE